Monday, November 15, 2010

Funny Face Beauty: Dare To Wear Charity Challenge

Hello Ladies, Alicia the beautiful young lady behind Funny Face Beauty Blog posted up a challenge for her followers. Out of all the challenges she has posted this one is important due to the fact that her and her parents will donate money to the Stephen Lewis foundation (for Aids) with every entry. You guys should totally check it out HERE and enter if possible. It is a great way to have fun, do something different, or even sharpen up on your skills. :) I took a little bit of inspiration from every picture she posted. I began the look by doing a regular makeup look with colors that made me think... Africa. When done with the makeup I decided to put on some accessories to give the look a bit more character. After the accessories I still felt a bit not pleased so I decided to paint some black dots on my nose/forehead.

But wait that's not all. Let me take you trough my journey. Ha ha. I still felt like the look was missing something, so there I go taking out my kids paintbrushes and NON TOXIC washable paint. I grabbed some colors and began painting my face. I added some yellow dots and lines to my face and bang! it gave the look some feel if you know what I mean. Ha ha.
Thought I was done? Ha ha, well I wasn't. I then took some white paint and added a bit more to my face. I'm telling you these challenges are both challenging and Fun! Even my son was saying, "Now do me mom, me, me!" Ha ha :) I didn't like how the white triangles looked so I took them off.
After much trying and adding and taking off I ended up with this final look. Hope you guys enjoyed my African inspired look. You guys should totally check out Alicia's Blog and give this challenge a shot. You'll have fun, I promise. :)

12 comments:

  1. OMG Wendy, this is so gorgeous. You honestly look like a tribal princess. I love it! What are you wearing on your lips? Its gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for doing this (and doing all of my challenges). I really appreciate it.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een aparte look. Ik vind het wel heel mooi gedaan. Vast veel tijd in gestoken. Heb je een nieuwe header? I love it. Liefs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for sharing your journey, you look striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! It's beatuiful to be unique. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy this is soo amazing! You look like a beautiful African princess! I also can't help notice the awesome accessories.

    by the way, i was lol on your 99cents lashes comment. I get looks from people too like..wth is she doing? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the tribal look!

    http://happy-happy-joyjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look FAB!!! Check out my blog, comment, follow;) www.msmadeulook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Wow what a nice blog you got there :)
    I'm a new follower!

    Maybe you can check out mine as well, some time?
    Http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks :)
    Keep on doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look...which eyelashes are you using?

    Check out my blog :)
    http://iamjewelz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete